Last Updated:
According to the group’s claim, three military vehicles were targeted in the assault, which lasted around 50 minutes.

BRAS has claimed that seven Pakistani security personnel were killed and more than eight others injured.
Baloch separatist groups have stepped up attacks on Pakistani security forces in Balochistan, with the latest reported assault targeting a military convoy in Nushki district. The Baloch Raaji Aajoi Sangar (BRAS), an umbrella alliance of Baloch militant organisations, has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying its fighters ambushed a Pakistani military convoy in the Nushki area. According to the group’s claim, three military vehicles were targeted in the assault, which lasted around 50 minutes.
BRAS has claimed that seven Pakistani security personnel were killed and more than eight others injured. It also claimed that Pakistani forces deployed quadcopters during the engagement and that the drones were shot down. These casualty and battlefield claims have not been independently verified.
In a statement, BRAS said the attack was part of its continuing armed campaign against Pakistani security forces. The group said it would intensify such operations until what it describes as the “complete independence” of Balochistan and the withdrawal of Pakistani forces from the province.
The latest attack comes amid a broader surge in violence across Balochistan this month. On August 3, suspected Baloch insurgents reportedly targeted a convoy of five military vehicles in Khuzdar district, while a security forces checkpoint in Kech also came under attack.
On August 6, multiple attacks were reported across Nushki, Chagai and Dalbandin. A military convoy near Sultan Chirai in Nushki was reportedly ambushed with heavy and automatic weapons. Separately, a security forces and commercial-vehicle convoy on the Quetta-Taftan Highway in Dalbandin came under attack, with gunfire and explosions reportedly continuing for more than 40 minutes.
The escalation has coincided with intensified Pakistani counter-insurgency operations. Pakistan’s military said earlier this month that it had killed 12 militants in operations in Washuk and Mastung, followed by five more in Panjgur.
On August 12, Pakistani authorities said 18 militants were killed in Surab district, including eight who died when a vehicle-borne explosive device detonated prematurely. Three civilians were also killed in the incident, according to the military.
The violence has also increasingly spilled into attacks on high-profile security and political targets. On August 15, Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove survived an attack on his convoy in Mastung district, although several people, including police personnel, were injured.
The latest Nushki strike therefore underscores the continuing cycle of militant attacks and Pakistani counter-operations in a province that has faced a long-running separatist insurgency. Baloch militant groups have frequently targeted security forces, government installations, Chinese interests and infrastructure projects, while Islamabad has repeatedly blamed foreign support for the insurgency, an allegation India has denied.
Key Questions Answered
The Balochistan conflict originated from the region’s opposition to its incorporation into Pakistan in 1948. Before Pakistan’s creation, the Khanate of Kalat, the largest princely state in the region, declared independence in 1947. This historical dispute is further complicated by economic disparities, human rights concerns, and demands for greater political autonomy.
About the Author
Group Editor, Investigations and Security Affairs, Network18
August 20, 2026, 11:14 IST
Read More
Source link
[ad_3]