NEET UG 2026 Re-Exam Fee Refund Process Begins Today: Know The NTA Rules

NEET UG 2026 Re-Exam Fee Refund Process Begins Today: Know The NTA Rules


Last Updated:

NTA stated that all candidates who have already paid the examination fee will receive a refund. They will have to share their bank account details for the same.

NEET UG re-exam on June 21. (PTI File)

NEET UG re-exam on June 21. (PTI File)

The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced that the fee refund process for NEET UG 2026 re-examination candidates will start today, May 21. The agency has clarified that no extra fee will be charged for the re-exam, and all candidates who have already paid the examination fee will receive a refund. They will have to share their bank account details for the same. Details regarding the same will be out today. “The module for sharing bank account details for refund of examination fee will be provided to candidates on May 21,” states the NTA notice..

Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has also confirmed that the fees already paid will be refunded to candidates. A dedicated online module will be activated on the official website, enabling candidates to submit their bank account details for processing refunds. Fees will be refunded to the students, and the exam will be re-conducted using NTA’s internal resources, NTA had stated.

Re-NEET Details

The NEET UG re-exam is scheduled for June 21 from 2 PM to 5:15 PM. It will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode in various cities across India and abroad. The exam will be held in 13 languages: English, Oriya, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Urdu, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Punjabi, Assamese, and Kannada.

Candidates will be given an additional 15 minutes for the NEET UG re-exam. This extra time will be used for document verification, attendance, and other pre-exam formalities.

Pradhan on Friday accepted that there has been a breach in the NEET-UG examination and said that the ministry takes “responsibility for rectifying it”.

“We did not want any deserving student to be deprived of their rights due to the machinations of fraudulent candidates or the conspiracies of the education mafia… After the irregularities that surfaced last time, the Radhakrishnan Committee had been constituted, and we implemented its recommendations word for word for both 2025 and 2026. Despite that, this incident occurred. Hence, our first decision was to cancel the examination,” the minister said.

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More



Source link
[ad_3]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *