US Iran War News Live Updates: The United Arab Emirates on Tuesday accused Iran of launching two ballistic missiles towards the Gulf, saying they targeted maritime navigation and fell into the sea. Iran denied launching any missile towards the UAE and rejected the allegation as “baseless”.
Soon after, the UAE announced it was suspending all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran, citing escalating regional tensions.
The developments came as Washington and Tehran remained locked in a standoff over the Strait of Hormuz, a vital global oil shipping route. Iran has effectively shut the waterway in response to the war launched by the US and Israel in late February.
US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that there were no ongoing or scheduled talks with Iran to end the conflict. He said the US naval blockade of the Strait remained in force, while claiming that Hormuz was “open and operating” and that mines had been removed.
The latest escalation has raised fresh concerns over regional security and global energy supplies, with the UAE’s suspension of economic ties adding to pressure on Iran amid the continuing confrontation.
Track US-Iran War LIVE Updates:
Source link
[ad_3]