Jharkhand Govt To Cancel JSSC-CGL Exam Soon, Says CM Hemant Soren Amid Student Protests

Jharkhand Govt To Cancel JSSC-CGL Exam Soon, Says CM Hemant Soren Amid Student Protests


News india Jharkhand Govt To Cancel JSSC-CGL Exam Soon, Says CM Hemant Soren Amid Student Protests

Last Updated:

Job aspirants have been protesting for 24 days now against the alleged anomalies in various recruitment tests in Jharkhand.

Hemant Soren

Hemant Soren

Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday said the state government would soon cancel the JSSC-CGL examination amid an ongoing protest by job aspirants over alleged irregularities in recruitment exams.

Soren also said the government was likely to implement the Centre’s Public Examinations (Prevention of Unfair Means) Amendment Bill, 2026, which was passed by Parliament in July. The amended law provides for stricter punishment for organised cheating and examination fraud, including imprisonment of up to 10 years and fines of up to ₹10 crore.

“Today, the Cabinet decided to cancel the JSSC-CGL examinations as well. Furthermore, a comprehensive inquiry will be conducted into all errors—minor or major—that have occurred since 2014. We will also soon convene to discuss the amendments made to the MMDR Act by the Central Government; if necessary, we may even call a special session to deliberate on this specific issue,” he said.

“Addressing all aspects of the issue, we have decided to cancel everything associated with TDPL—including the examinations conducted, the results published, the candidates selected or who participated, and all other activities carried out by TDPL,” he added.

Students Protest For 24 Days

Job aspirants have been protesting in Jharkhand for 24 days, demanding action over alleged irregularities in several recruitment examinations.

The protesters have particularly demanded the cancellation of the JSSC-CGL examination held in September 2024. They have alleged that the question paper was leaked, claiming that “out of 135 questions, 120 were leaked”.

The protesters are also seeking comprehensive reforms in the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) and Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC), along with a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities.

The agitation has intensified in recent days, with student leaders threatening to escalate their protests if their demands are not addressed.

CID Raids JSSC Office

Amid the protests, the Jharkhand CID on Monday conducted raids at the JSSC office in connection with its investigation into alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations.

“We are conducting raids at the JSSC office in connection with alleged irregularities in various examinations,” CID ADG Manoj Kaushik told PTI.

The CID has so far arrested 20 people in connection with the alleged recruitment exam irregularities, including former JPSC chairman L Khiangte.

Khiangte was appointed JPSC chairman in February 2025 after retiring as Jharkhand’s chief secretary. He was arrested on August 10, a day after all three JPSC members resigned amid mounting protests by aspirants over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations conducted by the commission.

The latest developments come as the Soren government faces growing pressure from thousands of job aspirants demanding transparency and accountability in the state’s recruitment examination system.

Key Questions Answered

Powered by

ask search iconAsk News18

Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren stated that the government aims to make the examination system more transparent, technology-enabled, secure, and accountable. The government is also likely to implement the Centre’s Public Examinations (Prevention of Unfair Means) Amendment Bill, 2026.

Powered by

ask search iconAsk News18

About the Author

Saurabh Verma

Saurabh VermaChief Sub-Editor

Saurabh Verma is a Chief Sub-Editor at News18.com, specializing in Indian politics, national current affairs, and breaking global news. With years of experience tracking power shifts, election strateg…Read More

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More



Source link
[ad_3]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *